[comp.sys.apollo] Who makes those 348MB disk drives ?

wicinski@nrl-cmf.UUCP (Tim Wicinski) (09/10/88)

I was wondering who is the maker of the 348 MB disks for the DN3000's and
such.  I know Micropolis makes the 72 MB.

Someone around here has some extra 348 Mb Micropolis disks laying around,
and i was checking it out to see if it's possible.

thanks
tim

emv@mailrus.cc.umich.edu (Edward Vielmetti) (09/10/88)

In article <115@nrl-cmf.UUCP> wicinski@nrl-cmf.UUCP (Tim Wicinski) writes:
>I was wondering who is the maker of the 348 MB disks for the DN3000's and
>such.  I know Micropolis makes the 72 MB.

we plugged in some Maxtor XT4380E drives (ESDI, 330 Mb after formatting)
from Pioneer-Standard Electronics in Livonia, Mi.  I didn't do
the install myself, but it was quite straightforward.

Someone from CAEN could say more since they buy them by the
boat-load...

--Ed