[comp.sys.apollo] SYSV under SR10

pjs269@tijc02.UUCP (Paul Schmidt ) (10/10/88)

I have several questions about SR10 and System V for
anyone who has installed it on their systems yet.

Does DSEE run on a machine that has only System V (not
Aegis)?  If so, could it be ported to any UNIX machine?

How easy is it to do Network computing under SYSV
standing alone?  Is NCS available with SYSV?

Paul Schmidt
mcnc!rti!tijc02!pjs269
Texas Instruments
PO Drawer 1255
Johnson City, TN 37604

greg@apcitor.toronto.apollo.com (Greg Foisy) (10/17/88)

In article <269@tijc02.UUCP> pjs269@tijc02.UUCP (Paul Schmidt        ) writes:
>I have several questions about SR10 and System V for
>anyone who has installed it on their systems yet.

	Yes, I've been running it for about four months now.

>Does DSEE run on a machine that has only System V (not
>Aegis)?  If so, could it be ported to any UNIX machine?

	Yes, DSEE does run on a machine that has only SysV.3
	installed.

	I doubt that it would be easily ported.

>How easy is it to do Network computing under SYSV
>standing alone?  Is NCS available with SYSV?

	Yes, NCS is available and built into the OS
	with sr10.0 (Domain/OS).  Easy to set up
	(just start up a daemon) and easy to use.

	The NIDL compiler is extra.