[comp.sys.apollo] "closing" GPR bitmap files

krowitz@RICHTER.MIT.EDU (David Krowitz) (11/01/88)

I am writing an interactive program to control a color scanner.
Once I get the image scanned into memory I can scroll it on the
Apollo display and do some simple editing. I can also save the
image to a GPR bitmap file with the GPR_$OPEN_BITMAP_FILE call
and then continue scanning/editing images. Here's my problem ...
how do I close the bitmap file so the image which was just
saved can be printed (copied, worked on by other people, etc)
without exiting from my GPR program? I want to be able to
continue working without my limited DN3000 address space
getting filled up with bitmaps that have been previously
written to disk. I seem to remember someone asking a similar
question a while ago, but I can't recall the replies.

 -- David Krowitz

krowitz@richter.mit.edu   (18.83.0.109)
krowitz%richter@eddie.mit.edu
krowitz%richter@athena.mit.edu
krowitz%richter.mit.edu@mitvma.bitnet
(in order of decreasing preference)

oj@apollo.COM (Ellis Oliver Jones) (11/02/88)

In article <8810312349.AA01262@richter.mit.edu> krowitz@RICHTER.MIT.EDU (David Krowitz) writes:
>...how do I close the bitmap file so the image which was just
>saved can be printed...?

Use
   gpr_$deallocate_bitmap (bitmap_desc, &status);  /* C */

/Ollie Jones (speaking for myself, not necessarily for Apollo Computer, Inc.)