[comp.sys.apollo] GNU Emacs on Apollo

lnz@edsel (Leonard Zubkoff) (10/20/88)

A new version of my modifications to GNU Emacs 18.52 for the Apollo is now
available on prep.ai.mit.edu.  This version includes improvements to the
support for Domain/OS SR10, including, at long last, true UNEXEC.  In addition,
a few minor bugs affecting both the SR9.7 and SR10 versions have been fixed.

As usual, the files are available in directory "/u/lnz" on prep.  The
"APOLLO.README" is there along with "apollo-emacs.tar.Z", which should be
uncompress'ed and untar'ed on top of a vanilla 18.52 distribution.

		Leonard N. Zubkoff
		Lucid, Incoprorated

lnz@edsel (Leonard Zubkoff) (11/08/88)

A new version of my modifications to GNU Emacs 18.52 for the Apollo is now
available on prep.ai.mit.edu.  This version includes improvements to unexec and
other fixes to make GNU Emacs work with X11 on the Apollo.  Much thanks to Rob
Stanzel of Apollo Computer for his improvements to unexec.

As usual, the files are available in directory "/u/lnz" on prep.  The
"APOLLO.README" is there along with "apollo-emacs.tar.Z", which should be
uncompress'ed and untar'ed on top of a vanilla 18.52 distribution.

Sites without InterNet access and sites in Europe seem to have problems getting
copies of my Emacs modifications.  Are there USENET and European sites that can
act as repositories?

		Leonard N. Zubkoff
		Lucid, Incorporated

casey@admin.cognet.ucla.edu (Casey Leedom) (11/14/88)

| From: lnz@edsel (Leonard Zubkoff)
| Date: 7 Nov 88 23:57:14 GMT
|
| A new version of my modifications to GNU Emacs 18.52 for the Apollo is now
| available on prep.ai.mit.edu. ...  As usual, the files are available in
| directory "/u/lnz" on prep.

Leonard,
  It looks like PREP has pruned back it's previously unrestricted
anonymous ftp access.  When I log in, all I see is an FTP public area
instead of PREP's root ...  This is understandable given the recent
security problems, but it means we can't get at your latest 18.52
modifications for Apollos.  Do you have an alternate site we can ftp
those modifications from?  Thanks for you time!

Casey

lnz@lucid.com (Leonard Zubkoff) (11/26/88)

A new version of my modifications to GNU Emacs 18.52 for the Apollo is now
available on prep.ai.mit.edu.  This version includes improvements to the
function key support and a couple of bug fixes.

freedman@cpsc.ucalgary.ca (Daniel Freedman) (11/27/88)

In article <1665@edsel>, lnz@lucid.com (Leonard Zubkoff) writes:

> A new version of my modifications to GNU Emacs 18.52 for the Apollo is now
> available on prep.ai.mit.edu.

Does anyone have a copy of lnz's mods that I could get by dialup?  We are
unfortunately not connected to a network that we can ftp over, but would
really like to have the mods.  We have been using lnz's 18.41 mods for
a long time with much success.  Thanks Leonard.

Dan Freedman
University of Calgary Computer Science Department
2500 University Drive N.W.			      freedman@cpsc.UCalgary.CA
Calgary, Alberta, T2N 1N4	...!{ubc-vision,ihnp4}!alberta!calgary!freedman