[comp.sys.apollo] Need help with DSEE.

cantrell@killer.DALLAS.TX.US (Keith Cantrell) (01/25/89)

Does anybody know how one could change a comment that is in a components
history?  In other words, I put in an incorrect comment when DSEE ask me
"What was the nature of your modifications?" and I would like to change it
now.  The only alternative I can think of is: checking the module out,
replacing it without and changes, but when the system ask for a comment, I
put in a comment correcting the previous comment.

Can anybody help me?

Thanks,

Keith

Keith Cantrell                Phones:  hm: 214-492-1088
Integrated Telecom                     wk: 214-234-3340

USMAIL:                       EMAIL:
2100 Sonata Ln                cantrell@killer.DALLAS.TX.US
Carrollton Tx 75007                   or
                              ...!uunet!killer!dalitc!keith

conliffe@caen.engin.umich.edu (Darryl C. Conliffe) (01/26/89)

In article <6909@killer.DALLAS.TX.US>, cantrell@killer.DALLAS.TX.US (Keith Cantrell) writes:

> Does anybody know how one could change a comment that is in a components
> history?  In other words, I put in an incorrect comment when DSEE ask me
> "What was the nature of your modifications?" and I would like to change it
> now.  The only alternative I can think of is: checking the module out,
> replacing it without and changes, but when the system ask for a comment, I
> put in a comment correcting the previous comment.
>
> Can anybody help me?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Keith

Capturing and freezing the version of code and related comments
upon replacing the module within DSEE is a design objective,
Keith, and thus I believe your solution (work-around) is
not only the correct one, but the only one.  Note that
the command delete versions may be used to remove the
undesired generation.  In any case, whether you delete that
version or not, a reserve and replace operation with the
corrected comment *AND AN ADDENDUM THAT NOTES YOUR ACTION
WAS PROMPTED BY A NEED TO ENTER THE CORRECTED COMMENT*
is probably the most consistant.  Since the saving of
new generations costs only the changes in the object and
the generation storage overhead, the cost in storage
would be less than this note.

Bye.
--

 Darryl C. Conliffe  conliffe@caen.engin.umich.edu  (313) 721-6069