[comp.sys.apollo] Forgery Alert Re: Songs with "I" in the first few words

george@hyper.lap.upenn.edu (George "Sir Lleb" Zipperlen) (02/16/89)

This forgery has been causing mailed replies to appear in comp.sys.apollo.
I'm sure that David Perlman, one of the coolest contributors to
rec.music.misc, isn't to happy about this either.

In article <11366@cgl.ucsf.EDU> dap@cgl.ucsf.edu (Apollo C. Vermouth) writes:

note that ...ucbvax!ucsfcgl!berkeley.edu...  ucbvax IS berkeley.edu.
With SMTP and/or NNTP, the forgery could come from anywhere, not
necessarily berkeley or ucsf.

> From: apollo@berkeley.edu (Apollo C. Vermouth)
> Newsgroups: rec.music.misc
> Subject: Songs with "I" in the first few words
> Date: 13 Feb 89 23:12:25 GMT
> Sender: daemon@cgl.ucsf.edu
>

> Hi:
>
> I'm trying to make up a list of songs that have "I" in the first
> few words. I'm planning to do a radio show on the popular use
> of pronouns in music. So far I've go

[ Drivel deleted ]

comp.sys.apollo.  Two unsuspecting trivia fans have already unknowingly
sent their replies to comp.sys.apollo.  Please do not reply either to
apollo@berkeley.edu or to dap@cgl.ucsf.edu (I doubt he wants them either)

BTW.  I thought Dap's parody on the typical rec.music.misc question was
highly amusing!  This one would have been mildly amusing, but for the
side-effects.  I doubt if the perpetrator was unaware of them. though.

"I'm gonna git you, sucka!" (Apollo G++ -- Gnu gin martini!)
George Zipperlen    george@apollo.lap.upenn.edu  george@hyper.lap.upenn.edu
  ...!{rutgers, uunet, mit-eddie, decwrl}!upenn.edu!apollo.lap!george
Blatant plug for funky-music@apollo.lap.upenn.edu  "Won't be no Static" -JB

dap@cgl.ucsf.edu (David A. Pearlman) (02/16/89)

In article <8039@netnews.upenn.edu> george@hyper.lap.upenn.edu (George "Sir Lleb" Zipperlen) writes:
>This forgery has been causing mailed replies to appear in comp.sys.apollo.
>I'm sure that David Perlman [...] isn't to happy about this either.
>
>In article <11366@cgl.ucsf.EDU> dap@cgl.ucsf.edu (Apollo C. Vermouth) writes:

>comp.sys.apollo.  Two unsuspecting trivia fans have already unknowingly
>sent their replies to comp.sys.apollo.  Please do not reply either to
>apollo@berkeley.edu or to dap@cgl.ucsf.edu (I doubt he wants them either)

The summary, keywords, and above block pretty much say it all.

BTW, Apollo C. Vermouth, for those who don't know, is a pseudonym
Paul McCartney used when producing the song "I'm The Urban Spaceman"
for the Bonzo Dog Band. I doubt he's posting to the net under this
pseudonym, though.