[comp.sys.apollo] i songs

ebm@IBM.COM (Eli Messinger) (02/15/89)

Here's a grep of a database I have of song titles on compilation albums.
The format is:  song-title ; artist ; compilation-album.  Where are
you going to do this show?  (Also, I can send you songs with "I" in other
positions besides the first word if you want... or other pronouns if you're
interested).

Oh yeah, don't forget "I" by the Knightriders (on a variety of different
Autumn Records comps).  Lemme know if you want some help getting this stuff
together.

... eli
-------------------

i found a new girl	jackson, roddy	rock 'n' roll party, vol. 7
i need your lovin'	twitty, conway	transfusion
i like this kind of music	ringo, jim	cotton pickin' rock
i walk the line	cash, johnny	don't you step...
i wanna love him so bad	jelly beens	rockin' originals
i walk	powers, johnny	bison bop, vol. 1
i only have eyes for you	flamingos	golden goodies, vol. 2
i hear you knocking	storm, gale	radio's million performance songs
i know why	hallmarks	back from the grave, vol. 4
i said move	astex	back from the grave, vol. 4
i loved her so	me & them guys	back from the grave, vol. 3
i can't win	monacles	back from the grave, vol. 3
i was the rebel, she was the cause	andersen, eric	big ball
i wanna love him so bad	jelly beans	charly's angels
i can't let go	sands, evie	charly's angels
i can only give you anything	iguanas	colour dreams
i saw what you did	madson	colour dreams
i will not touch you	barrocks	colour dreams
i will follow him	march, little peggy	flashback greats of the 60's, vol. 2
i gotta move	kingbeezz	garage punk unknowns, vol. 2
i can't wait 'til friday comes hard times	hard times	garage punk unknowns, vol. 2
i need you	big beats	garage punk unknowns, vol. 2
i wanna do it	robin & the three hoods	garage zone
i need you	bassmen	garage zone
i wonder why	dion & the belmonts	greatest groups in rock 'n' roll
i want to do the jerk	ronnie & the pomona casuals	history of latino rock, vol. 1
i who have nothing	lil' ray	history of latino rock, vol. 1
i fought the law	fuller, bobby -four	kya 21 golden gate greats, vol. 1
i know i'm losing you	temptations	murry k presents
i saw mommy kissing santa claus	ronettes	phil spector's christmas album
i walk the line	cash, johnny & the tennessee two	sun box
i sure like your truck	gately, jim	22 high-ballin' hits!
i don't want to see you again	peter and gordon	songs lennon and mccartney gave away
i can't help myself	four tops	cooley high [soundtrack]
i wanna see my baby	chicken shack	rockbusters
i put a spell on you	hawkins, screaming jay	rockbusters
i love how you love me	paris sisters	oldies but goodies, vol. 7
i know	george, barbara	oldies but goodies, vol. 7
i like it	gerry & the pacemakers	history of british rock, vol. 1
i only want to be with you	springfield, dusty	history of british rock, vol. 1
i can't let go	hollies	history of british rock, vol. 1
i could feel the whole world turn	shotgun express	my generation
i would rather blow a bagpipe, mrs. leare	royal scottish bagpipe...	san francisco international pop festival
i thank you	sam & dave	superhits, vol. 3
i go to pieces	peter & gordon	history of british rock, vol. 2
i wish i had answered	staple singers	greatest folksingers of the 60's
i got it	chambers brothers	greatest folksingers of the 60's
i only have eyes for you	flamingos	original toga party
i don't believe it	things	acid visions
i wanna do the jerk	ronnie & the pomona casuals	east side review
i need someone	ambertones	east side review
i who have nothing	little ray	east side review
i only have eyes for you	amertones	east side review
i can't quit her	blook, sweat & tears	heavy hits!
i saw you walking	by fives	highs in the mid-60's, vol. 11
i couldn't care less	run-a-rounds	highs in the mid-60's, vol. 5
i never forgot her	undecided?	highs in the mid-60's, vol. 5
i don't want to try it again	dagenites	highs in the mid-60's, vol. 9
i feel no pain	misty blues	highs in the mid-60's, vol. 4
i want her back	todds	highs in the mid-60's, vol. 4
i had too much to dream (last night)	electric prunes	nuggets
i want candy	strangeloves	roots of s.o.b., vol. 2
i can never go home anymore	shangri-las	wonder women, vol. 2
i can't let go	sands, evie	wonder women, vol. 2
i gotta get a fake i.d.	barnes & barnes with friends	dr. demento's dementia royale
i can see for miles	randall, frankie	golden throats
i love you for all seasons	fuzz	twenty power hits, vol. 2
i want my baby back	cross, jimmy	world's worst records
i like	heathen dan	world's worst records
i wanna be your dog	seven stooges	world's worst records
i hate the rich	dils	what is it
i may not be what you want	mel & tim	living word
i know what you need	a foot in cold water	elektra asylum fall releases
i shall be released	band	steve miller band...
i have a date	simpletones	beach blvd.
i got power	rik l rik	beach blvd.
i wanna be free	rings	chiswick chartbusters, vol. 2
i want you to dance with me	hill, jeff	chiswick chartbusters, vol. 2
i can see clearly now	nash, johnny	good vibrations
i need a million	laughing dogs	live at cbgb's
i left my heart in san francisco	chrome	subterranian moderns
i left my heart in san francisco	mx-80 sound	subterranian moderns
i left my heart in san francisco	tuxedomoon	subterranian moderns
i don't wanna talk about it	strawbs	arista aor sampler
i have never been in love before	miles, john	arista aor sampler
i knew the bride	lowe, nick	arista aor sampler
i bought three eggs	mooney, eddie & the graves	identity parade
i wish it would rain	wreckless eric	stiff sounds: can't start dancing
i can't stand myself	contortions	no new york
i woke up dreaming	teenage jesus  the jerks	no new york
i knew the bride	lowe's, nick -last chicken in the shop	stiffs live
i just don't know what to do with myself	costello, elvis & the attrations	stiffs live
i don't want to know your name	susan	live at the rat
i want sex	boize	live at the rat
i got a right	iggy & the stooges	bomp, vol. 1
i taut a taw a puddy tat	katz, tom	dumb ditties
i should have known better	wire	trouble makers
i have a date simpletones	beach blvd.
i got power	rik l rik	beach blvd.
i hate school	suburban studs	hope and anchor
i catch a f-falling star	rififi	hybrid kids
i never knew	excel	made in britain
i can only dream	protex	made in britain
i can't cope	protex	made in britain
i wanna know	precious secrets	amuck
i reject you	suburban mutilation	barricaded suspects
i hate the motorcyclist	dull	barricaded suspects
i dig your mind	synth, billy & the turn-ups	battle of the garages
i try	untold fables	battle of the garages vol. 3
i think i'll die	electric peace	battle of the garages vol. 3
i saw that movie	peer group	chunks
i hate cops	authorities	copulation lp
i got mad	human hands	darker skratcher
i just want some skank	circle jerks	decline... of western civilization
i don't care about you	fear	decline... of western civilization
i love livin' in the city	fear	decline... of western civilization
i can see everything	mod fun	don't adjust your set
i know	red tape	eight essential attitudes
i drink milk	teen idles	flex your head
i hate you	untouchables	flex your head
i hate the kids	state of alert	flex your head
i like food	descendents	future looks bright
i need you	might mofos	hanging out at midnight
i wish i was a single girl	blood on the saddle	hell comes to your house part two
i don't know	i'm so hollow	hicks from the sticks
i was no longer his dominant	nurse with wound	an afflicted man's musica box
i ain't afraid of girls	sublette, ned	antarctica, vol. 1
i wonder why	life in a blender	antipop
i can't get started/communfx	brafman, marcy	artsounds collection
i helped patrick mcgoohan escape	times	a splash of colour
i didn't know i loved you	glitter, gary	ballroom blitz
i want love	sick rose	battle of the garages, vol. 4
i just want to see you smile	popular front	between today and tomorrow
i can see you	black flag	blasting concept, volume 2
i just want to make love to you	meat puppets	blasting concept, volume 2
i was grotesque	october faction	blasting concept, volume 2
i don't really care	jet screamer	boston rock & roll anthology, vol. 4
i hate my school	red cross	siren
i want to clone you	halsey, lol	surf city underground
i can't be satisfied	hancock, billy	waves, vol. 2
i wanna be sedated	ramones	times square soundtrack
i ran from iran	cliche	yes nukes
i get around	bakersfield boogie boys	yes nukes
i don't want to hold you	microwave, david	rodney on the roq
i wanna eat your pudding	wayne, alvis	teen-age cruisers
i live in the city	humans	i.r.s. greatest hits volume 2 & 3
i can see what's	null and void	up another octave
i cannot be a nun	restraints	standard deviation
i am the walrus	sayer, leo	all this and world war two
i don't wanna come down	scott, mark	breakin two
i burn for you	police	brimstone & treacle
i got loaded	los lobos	bull durham
i run right back	smyth, patty	caddyshack two
i heard a rumour	bananarama	diorderlies
i wonder why	dion & the belmonts	diner

paul@LEDZEP.CC.UMICH.EDU ('da Kingfish) (02/16/89)

How about "I wish I had job where people didn't mind me spending time
keeping track of compilation albums"

WAKE UP!  QUIT SENDING THIS STUFF TO APOLLO MAILING LISTS!

ebm@ibmarc.uucp (Eli Messinger) (02/17/89)

paul@LEDZEP.CC.UMICH.EDU...

> How about "I wish I had job where people didn't mind me spending time
> keeping track of compilation albums"
>
> WAKE UP!  QUIT SENDING THIS STUFF TO APOLLO MAILING LISTS!

How about "I wish people on the net didn't automatically flame anyone who
just might have made an innocent mistake."  It's amazing how incredibly
hostile some of you people are!  As has been noted here, the original article
in rec.music.misc was posted (as a joke apparently) from "apollo@berkeley.edu."
There was no way for us to know this was a mailing list, nor that it was
gatewayed into comp.sys.apollo.

WAKE UP!  QUIT FLAMING PEOPLE WHO HAVE NOT DONE YOU ANY INTENTIONAL HARM!
(If they've really done you any harm at all!)

--
   "The preferred way to judge how good a Les Baxter/Martin Denny/Yma Sumac
    Perez Prado record is, is to count the monkey calls."    --Bill Coderre

		  Eli Messinger, IBM Almaden Research Center
      CSNET: ebm@ibm.com / UUCP: ...!uunet!ibmarc!ebm / VNET: ebm@almaden