From MAILER-DAEMON@EDDIE.MIT.EDU Thu Feb 23 12:56:32 1989
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 89 12:58:31 EST
From: MAILER-DAEMON@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Mail Delivery Subsystem)
Subject: Returned mail: User unknown
To: <krowitz@richter>

>>> RCPT To:<syd%dsinc%vu-vlsi.uucp@PSUVAX1.CS.PSU.EDU>
<<< 550 <syd%dsinc%vu-vlsi.uucp@PSUVAX1.CS.PSU.EDU>... User unknown
550 <syd%dsinc%vu-vlsi.uucp@psuvax1.cs.psu.edu>... User unknown

   ----- Unsent message follows -----
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 89 12:54:28 est
From: krowitz@richter (David Krowitz)
To: syd%dsinc%vu-vlsi.uucp@psuvax1.cs.psu.edu
Subject: Re: (none)

Hmmm ... my guess (and it's only a guess) would be that there
is a jumper on the interface board that needs to be changed.
Try running the program /systest/ssr_util/jumper. It will so
(show) you the positions for the jumpers on the disk controller
card and also the logic card for the disk. My version of this
program shows only the 348 MB and the 348MB high-speed (fast
actuator) disks, not the 690 MB disk. Also, note that the
F2 key will show you the board configs for the DN3000. If you
want to see the configs for the DN4000 (which should be the
same as the DN3500/4500), use the shift-F2 key. The jumper
program says that the logic card on the disk has some jumpers
enabled which must be removed if the disk is not the last
disk in the daisy chain. This might be your problem (then
again, you may already have tried this, in which case, I'm
stumped, too).

== Dave Krowitz