[comp.sys.apollo] login calls and display calls

cees@tamtam.UUCP (cees keyer) (03/03/89)

Hello,
Is there anyone out there in netland who know something about
the following system calls:

 cl_$check_flag
 cl_$check_unclaimed
 cl_$get_flag
 cl_$get_num
 cl_$init
 smd_$inq_blank_timeout
 smd_$inq_disp_type
 smd_$set_blank_timeout
 vfmt_$write2

 These calls are used in the program scrto and I want to use
 one off these to switch off the terminal saver. I think the one
 i need is the _set_blank_timeout and inq_blank_timeout.
 I've looked in the file /sys/ins/cmdu.ins.pas and the procedure's
 where not mentioned in that file.

 I am also looking for the following include files:
   login.ins.c
   login.ins.pas
   login.ins.ftn
These are not available in the system and the standard crypt call doesn't
work under SR9.7.X so I have tried to use login_$ckpass and those kind off
calls (i extracted them from the passwd program ).
Is there some documentation about these kind off things or do I need
to get the booklet aegis internals (it is not for sale ).
I need to write some software which can check on the users password so I
need them desperately.
Any information is welcome about these calls.
Thanks in advance,
Cees Keyer

--
DISCLAIMER: All the opinions expressed are my own.
Cees Keyer, Algemene Hogeschool Amsterdam.

oj@apollo.COM (Ellis Oliver Jones) (03/06/89)

In article <191@tamtam.UUCP> cees@tamtam.UUCP (cees keyer) writes:
>Is there anyone out there in netland who know something about
>the following system calls:

> smd_$inq_blank_timeout
> smd_$inq_disp_type
> smd_$set_blank_timeout

Yes, but I urge you to use the corresponding GPR calls, because
we're deep into the process of phasing out the smd calls.
(You didn't say what SR you're on, but thanks for reminding us
to edit "scrto").

To change the screen-saver timeout, use gpr_$set_blank_timeout.  You
probably have a manual (GPR) describing its use.

The gpr calls you want (from <apollo/gpr.h> are:

extern void  gpr_$set_blank_timeout (
    time_$clock_t                   & timeout,
    status_$t                       *status);

extern void gpr_$inq_config (
    gpr_$display_config_t           * config,
    status_$t                       * status);

extern void gpr_$inq_blank_timeout (
     time_$clock_t                  &timeout,
     status_$t                      *status);

/oj