[comp.sys.apollo] multibus peripherals

cdaf@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu (Charles Daffinger) (03/08/89)

In article <2041@ogccse.ogc.edu> johnm@ogccse.UUCP (John Mates) writes:
>I have been trying to find a (very cheap) multibus-I tape controller
>and a tape drive to attach to my 660.  Apollo used "Tapemaster" boards for
>controlling attached tape drives.  A friend has offered me a Xylogics 472
>tape controller board .... should I try to use it?  Is there an Apollo
>driver for it in the public domain?  Or should I keep looking for a
>Tapemaster controller board?

Speaking of the multibus... I'd like to add 2 serial lines to my apollo
(a DN550).  Is there any way to just add off the shelf boards?  If so,
does anyone have controllers for them?  What restrictions are there on
these ports which I don't have on the built in ports?  Any other things
to keep in mind?  (I'd like to add a second modem and a terminal)

-charles
--
Charles Daffinger  >Take me to the river, Drop me in the water<  (812) 339-7354
cdaf@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu              {pur-ee,rutgers,pyramid,ames}!iuvax!cdaf