[comp.sys.apollo] PC<->Apollo File Transfer

markd@jack.UUCP (Mark Divecchio) (03/12/89)

In article <471@studsys.mu.edu>, vanden@studsys.mu.edu (vandenberg) writes:
> By any chance has anyone written a program that will allow an IBM PC
> to read and/or write a floppy for use in an Apollo(specifically
> a 3500 running 9.7.1)?

I have written a procedure using my User Supported VT-100 emulator,
PC-VT along with a version of XMODEM on the Apollo to transfer ASCII
files between the PC and the Apollo via a SIO port (which every
Apollo has).

Not quite as convenient as reading a floppy nor as expensive as buying
Apollo's DPCC software.

If anyone would like a copy, I have it posted on my BBS at
619-549-3927.

Mark C. DiVecchio 10435 Mountain Glen Terrace, San Diego, CA 92131
K3FWT			Home of PC-VT and LPTx		619-549-4056
sdcsvax!jack!wolf!markd                  Bulletin Board 619-549-3927