[comp.sys.apollo] User created RAI installations

vskahan@lgnp1.LS.COM (Vince Skahan) (03/31/89)

does anyone know when/if APollo will spread the word about how to create
your own RAI installations...

It would be beyond great to be able to create a local Authorized area
and run RAI to install locally generated and misc third party installs.

In particular, it would come in real handy for installing version 3.00
of DPCC (which wasn't released to my knowledge in RAI format since that
version came out in the dark frightening days of SR9.7 (...just
kidding...I kind of miss SR9 sometimes...sometimes the problems you know
about are better than the problems that catch you by surprise).

thanks for any info you could provide...

--
Vince Skahan - please reply to skahan@boeing.com or bcsaic!psev!bcs212

Note: any comments expressed above are mine and have no relation to
Boeing or the real nice folks who let me read news on their system...

freedman@cpsc.ucalgary.ca (Dan Freedman) (04/01/89)

In article <982@lgnp1.LS.COM> vskahan@lgnp1.LS.COM (Vince Skahan) writes:
>does anyone know when/if APollo will spread the word about how to create
>your own RAI installations...
>
>It would be beyond great to be able to create a local Authorized area
>and run RAI to install locally generated and misc third party installs.

It would also be extremely handy for generating easy-to-use
customization procedures to set up a node once the o/s had been
installed on it.  Such things as copying tcp files (such as
/etc/hosts, /etc/networks, etc.), setup of rc and startup files, etc.

Dan Freedman
University of Calgary Computer Science Department
2500 University Drive N.W.			      freedman@cpsc.UCalgary.CA
Calgary, Alberta, T2N 1N4	                   ...!alberta!calgary!freedman