[comp.sys.apollo] tabs

watcher@athena.mit.edu (0) (04/09/89)

In article <5400036@iuvax> jec@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu writes:
>By the way, I talked to Apollo earlier about this and found another error.  It
>appears that prsvr will totally freak out if you use tabs in the configuration
>file.  Just thought you all might be interested.

This seems to be a common problem with Aegis O/S applications,
notably the binder and the Display Manager.  Could someone in
Apollo R&D explain why tabs aren't considered legal whitespace?

I'd hazard a guess and say it's a deficiency of vfmt_$read,
but being a C person I have never used the vfmt calls.

chris ross <0> watcher@athena.mit.edu