[comp.sys.apollo] Apollo SR10 woes

vskahan@lgnp1.LS.COM (Vince Skahan) (04/11/89)

[...follow up to my posting(s) of last week...]

I've already received two responses by e-mail from the nice folks from
Apollo (thanks guys...it *IS* appreciated) as well as several from
USENET at large.  Keep those cards and letters coming in.  I'll
summarize to the net in a week or so.

One new item for thought:

	Is it time to think about breaking up comp.sys.apollo into
several groups ??? I was thinking something like the follows under the
general comp.sys.apollo group:
	- sr9.x stuff
	- sr10.x stuff
	- bugs/apr's/general problems

*THIS IS NOT A REQUEST FOR VOTES FOR NEW GROUPS !!*

I just wanted to see if there *might* be enough interest out there about
this topic.  Also, since the ADUS BBS node is supposed to get USENET in
the future, we might be able to add some local groups on that node as an
alternative ???

Any ideas ???

--
Vince Skahan - please reply to skahan@boeing.com or bcsaic!psev!bcs212

Note: any comments expressed above are mine and have no relation to
Boeing or the real nice folks who let me read news on their system...

pha@CAEN.ENGIN.UMICH.EDU (Paul H. Anderson) (04/12/89)

I guess I'd rather see the group stay in one place, unless there is
a clamor for a spot to post sources, which can sometimes be irritating
if mixed in with general conversation (although it doesn't irritate me!)

What do people think of source postings in this group?  There have been
several things I was interested in posting, but didn't for fear of reprisals.  (:

Paul Anderson
CAEN

conliffe@caen.engin.umich.edu (Darryl C. Conliffe) (04/13/89)

In article <4296832ab.001b2ef@caen.engin.umich.edu>, pha@CAEN.ENGIN.UMICH.EDU (Paul H. Anderson) writes:
> I guess I'd rather see the group stay in one place, unless there is
> a clamor for a spot to post sources, which can sometimes be irritating
> if mixed in with general conversation (although it doesn't irritate me!)
>
> What do people think of source postings in this group?  There have been
> several things I was interested in posting, but didn't for fear of reprisals.  (:
>
> Paul Anderson
> CAEN

I agree with you, Paul, that there seems to be little
need to break up the group, with two possible
exceptions: 1) a sub-group for discussing the future
of developments/ software support/ hardware support
after the HP takeover, and 2) sources, which should
go to comp.sources.apollo (maybe).  Occasional
source listings might infuriate those who
read the news via mail, which does not
warn you that you are about to read a 4,000 line message!
--
___________________

 Darryl C. Conliffe  conliffe@caen.engin.umich.edu  (313) 721-6069
-------------------

cees@tamtam.UUCP (cees keyer) (04/13/89)

In article <993@lgnp1.LS.COM> vskahan@lgnp1.LS.COM (Vince Skahan) writes:

>	Is it time to think about breaking up comp.sys.apollo into
>several groups ??? I was thinking something like the follows under the
>general comp.sys.apollo group:
>	- sr9.x stuff
>	- sr10.x stuff
>	- bugs/apr's/general problems

I think the best way to break the group up in pieces is as follows
	 comp.sys.apollo
	   "       "    .preSr10
			.postSr10
			.src
			.bugs
			.misc

>*THIS IS NOT A REQUEST FOR VOTES FOR NEW GROUPS !!*
>
>I just wanted to see if there *might* be enough interest out there about
>this topic.  Also, since the ADUS BBS node is supposed to get USENET in
>the future, we might be able to add some local groups on that node as an
>alternative ???

I heard that there was a tape with sources from the ADUS
Who do i contact to get the ADUS ctape over to the netherlands
or has somebody in the Netherlands this tape already.
please email the reflections on this to
cees@tamtam.uucp or tamtam!cees

Thanks in advance
Cees Keyer.

--
DISCLAIMER: All the opinions expressed are my own.
Cees Keyer, Algemene Hogeschool Amsterdam.