[comp.sys.apollo] Adobe BDF

lambert@cheops.eecs.unsw.oz (Timothy Lambert) (04/19/89)

edfont (sr10.1) can read and write fonts in Adobe BDF format.  This would
appear to be an ASCII representation of a font.  Where could I find a
description of this format?

Tim
---
ACSnet,CSNET: lambert@cheops.eecs.unsw.oz
JANET: cheops.eecs.unsw.oz!lambert@ukc
UUCP: ...!uunet!munnari!cheops.eecs.unsw.oz!lambert
BITNET/ARPA: lambert%cheops.eecs.unsw.oz@uunet.uu.net

nazgul@apollo.COM (Kee Hinckley) (04/22/89)

In article <1139@cheops.eecs.unsw.oz> lambert@cheops.eecs.unsw.oz (Timothy Lambert) writes:

>edfont (sr10.1) can read and write fonts in Adobe BDF format.  This would
>appear to be an ASCII representation of a font.  Where could I find a
>description of this format?
>
>Tim

If you send a mail message to:	ps-file-server@adobe.com
containing the line:
	send Documents BDFformat.ps
In it you'll ket a 38K postscript file describing BDF
format.

					-kee
--
### User Environment, Apollo Computer Inc. ###  Public Access ProLine BBS   ###
###     {mit-eddie,yale}!apollo!nazgul     ###  nazgul@pro-angmar.cts.com   ###

oj@apollo.COM (Ellis Oliver Jones) (04/22/89)

In article <1139@cheops.eecs.unsw.oz> lambert@cheops.eecs.unsw.oz (Timothy Lambert) writes:
>Where could I find a description of the BDF format?

Kee's right, there's a mail server at Adobe.

You can also get it from an MIT X Window System
distribution tape, if you have one handy.

Scribe source is in .../doc/bdf/...
PostScript is in .../hardcopy/bdf/bdf.PS.Z

/oj