[comp.sys.apollo] Now that HP owns Apollo ...

paul@bcsfse.UUCP (Paul Hardiman) (04/13/89)

Im confused.

Now that HP owns Apollo, what changes for us little ole
customers.

For instance, will this newsgroup be changed to sys.comp.hp_apollo?

Will my DN3000 now be known as HP3000?

Does this make HP the worlds leader in workstations?

Is this curtains for OpenDialogue?

Are there any questions I forgot to ask?--
                             Paul Hardiman
                ...!uw-beaver!ssc-vax!voodoo!bcsfse!paul

nazgul@apollo.COM (Kee Hinckley) (04/22/89)

In article <342@bcsfse.UUCP> paul@bcsfse.UUCP (Paul Hardiman) writes:

>Is this curtains for OpenDialogue?

Why would it be?  There is nothing conflicting between Open Dialogue
and Motif, that's why Open Dialogue is being considered for the OSF
Catalog Technology program.

						-kee
--
### User Environment, Apollo Computer Inc. ###  Public Access ProLine BBS   ###
###     {mit-eddie,yale}!apollo!nazgul     ###  nazgul@pro-angmar.cts.com   ###

gph@hpsemc.HP.COM (Paul Houtz) (05/06/89)

paul@bcsfse.UUCP (Paul Hardiman) writes:

>Im confused.
>Now that HP owns Apollo, what changes for us little ole
>customers.
>For instance, will this newsgroup be changed to sys.comp.hp_apollo?

   I don't see why it should be.

>Will my DN3000 now be known as HP3000?

   No, HP3000 is already an HP Product.  It is our commercial multi-user
   mini-computer.

>Does this make HP the worlds leader in workstations?

   Weren't we always?   Seriously, it depends upon what you mean.  If you
   mean in volume sales, I don't know.  If you mean in size of company,
   no.  If you mean in quality of products, of course!

>Is this curtains for OpenDialogue?

   No reason why it should be.

>Are there any questions I forgot to ask?--

   Yes.
   "What's going to happen to our support?"

    It'll likely get better.