[comp.sys.apollo] New user, DM3000, Help with startup_dm and setup

sergio@squid.rtech.com (Sergio Aponte) (05/16/89)

	Hello, net experts. I just adopted an orphan DM3000 at work, and I need
some help setting up my login scripts. I got it to the point where I get 3
windows : The original /com/sh, a /bin/csh and a vt100 windows. What I want is
to configure the screen so it is nicer to work with.

	Can the background be modified at all? Is there a way to have a tile
of some kind behind the windows?

	What I would like to see are some sample startup_dm.1280bw files that I
might get some idea about window placement, nice processes to have running, good
setup for the vt100 window (for use with telnet or rlogin).

	Thanks. E-mail is the best media.

| Internet: sergio@squid.rtech.com                Sergio L. Aponte, MTS @ RTI |
| UUCP: {sun,mtxinu,pyramid,pacbell,hoptoad,amdahl,cpsc6a}!rtech!squid!sergio |

nazgul@apollo.COM (Kee Hinckley) (05/19/89)

In article <2905@rtech.rtech.com> sergio@squid.UUCP (Sergio Aponte) writes:
>	What I would like to see are some sample startup_dm.1280bw files that I
>might get some idea about window placement, nice processes to have running, good
>setup for the vt100 window (for use with telnet or rlogin).

In domain_examples there is a directory of lots of keydef and startup
files.  I believe this was originally added at SR10, although most of
them should work fine in previous releases.  I highly recommend you
look at them (or nab them from someone if you don't have SR10 yet
(I didn't say that :-)).  They include things such as pseudo-emacs
emulation, keydefs for handling invisible windows and icons without
resorting to the mouse, standard window layouts, easy manipulation of
window sizes and more.
--
### User Environment, Apollo Computer Inc. ###  Public Access ProLine BBS   ###
###     {mit-eddie,yale}!apollo!nazgul     ###  nazgul@pro-angmar.cts.com   ###