[comp.sys.apollo] SR10 EMT

rich@eddie.MIT.EDU (Richard Caloggero) (05/16/89)

     I've just started playing with the new SR10 EMT.  I'm logged
into my home node via an sio line, and rlogin to another node from
which I invoke emt. I want to use the EMT "raw" command, however,
as soon as I type "f1", I can't come back to local mode -- tilde1
(~1) isn't recognized.  In the man page, is says that it passes all
keystrokes except for the function keys to the sio line to be sent to
the remote host.  What exactly do the function keys send -- some
escape sequence?  Can I send the same from my terminal, or does EMT
"raw" mode only work from a DM pad?

     Thanx in advance. :-)

--
						-- Rich (rich@eddie.mit.edu).
	The circle is open, but unbroken.

nazgul@apollo.COM (Kee Hinckley) (05/19/89)

In article <11754@eddie.MIT.EDU> rich@eddie.MIT.EDU (Richard Caloggero) writes:
>the remote host.  What exactly do the function keys send -- some
>escape sequence?  Can I send the same from my terminal, or does EMT
>"raw" mode only work from a DM pad?

I confess I haven't checked the source code to be sure, but
I have been unable to make it work in exactly the situation
you describe.  I suspect that it checks F1 via a graphics
call, rather than stream input, so it won't work remotely.
I'd recommend going with Kermit instead.
--
### User Environment, Apollo Computer Inc. ###  Public Access ProLine BBS   ###
###     {mit-eddie,yale}!apollo!nazgul     ###  nazgul@pro-angmar.cts.com   ###