[comp.sys.apollo] Telnet sessions timeout?

roode@hydra.cf.uci.edu (Dana Roode) (06/15/89)

I posted a question a while back that I got no response from - perhaps
the workstation discussions overshadowed it.  The question: when I telnet
from my Sun to a remote Apollo, the connection always timesout after a
period of inactivity.  Anyone know how to change this?  Am I imagining
things?

     Dana Roode
     roode@orion.cf.uci.edu
     Bitnet: DFRoode@UCI

freedman@cpsc.ucalgary.ca (Dan Freedman) (06/16/89)

In article <2069@orion.cf.uci.edu> roode@hydra.cf.uci.edu (Dana Roode) writes:
>[...]  The question: when I telnet
>from my Sun to a remote Apollo, the connection always timesout after a
>period of inactivity.  Anyone know how to change this?  Am I imagining
>things?

(Assuming that you either run SR10.* or are running SR9.* with the
UNIX tcp/ip stuff rather than the aegis stuff).

Are you running inetd?  Is /etc/inetd.conf configured to support
telnet?

Dan Freedman
Dan Freedman
University of Calgary Computer Science Department
2500 University Drive N.W.			      freedman@cpsc.UCalgary.CA
Calgary, Alberta, T2N 1N4	                   ...!alberta!calgary!freedman