[comp.sys.apollo] Problems with XPutImage on apollos

dawson@apollo.COM (Keith Dawson) (06/21/89)

Alain Merigot <ief@geocub.greco-prog.fr> writes:

 >          I have a problem when using XPutImage on apollos. There is
 > an IO Error (5). This happens either with distibuted software (xsetroot)
 > or with user programs.
 >         Has any body experienced the same behaviour ?? Any ideas ??

There was a bug affecting XPutImage and XCopyPlane -- they ignored any GC
function excepy GXCopy. It was present in public-domain servers and in the
v1.0 (for SR9.7) product server. You don't say which you are using. The
bug is fixed (along with 15 others) for SR9.7 in the July patch tape
(Patch_M68K_8907; patch #41). Needless to say the problem will not exist
in the SR10.1 and DN10000 product servers due to ship soon.

-->Keith
Keith Dawson  Apollo Computer             508-256-0176 x5739   are my own.
              A division of Hewlett Packard Company
              330 Billerica Rd.  (CHR.03.DE)
              Chelmsford, MA  01824                      USA   My convictions
              ARPA: dawson@apollo.com                          are not for
              UUCP: {mit-eddie,yale,uw-beaver}!apollo!dawson   public display.