[comp.sys.apollo] looking for tech report published by Apollo

dieter@oahu.cs.ucla.edu (Dieter Rothmeier) (06/21/89)

I'm not sure this is the proper newsgroup, but here goes
anyway:
The report I'm looking for is:
T.H. Dineen et al. "The network computing architecture
and system:..."
If you know of any other articles describing NCS, let me know.

Thanks in advance for any help,
Dieter Rothmeier

mishkin@apollo.COM (Nathaniel Mishkin) (06/22/89)

In article <25069@shemp.CS.UCLA.EDU> dieter@cs.ucla.edu (Dieter Rothmeier) writes:
>I'm not sure this is the proper newsgroup, but here goes
>anyway:
>The report I'm looking for is:
>T.H. Dineen et al. "The network computing architecture
>and system:..."
>If you know of any other articles describing NCS, let me know.

The article appeared in the Summer '87 Usenix Conference Proceedings.  If
you can't get a hold of this, let me know.

There are also two orderable manuals from Apollo:

    - The Network Computing System Reference Manual
    - The Network Computing Architecture Protocol Specification

I don't know the part numbers off-hand, but I'm pretty sure those are the
official titles.
--
                    -- Nat Mishkin
                       Apollo Computer Inc., Chelmsford, MA