[comp.sys.apollo] Possible to mount others disks onto DN10000?

micky@cunixc.cc.columbia.edu (Micky Liu) (07/22/89)

I am rather new to these Apollo's, but have been managing Sun's for quite
some time now...  Is it possible to mount NFS disks onto the DN10000.  I
have looked in the man pages and see that it is possible to remote mount
the DN10000 disks, but I want to mount the disks from my Convex C210 onto
my Apollo.

After looking around I've found /etc/nfsd, but no corresponding /etc/biod.
Is Apollo's offering of NFS only a one way deal?

Thanx!

Micky

  arpa: micky@cunixc.cc.columbia.edu
  uucp: ...!rutgers!columbia!cunixc!micky
bitnet: malua@cuvmc

wescott@LNIC1.HPRC.UH.EDU (Andrew M. Wescott) (07/23/89)

Domain NFS is definitely a two-way street.  Rather than /etc/biod,
you need to run /etc/mountd, /etc/nfsd, and /etc/portmap.  I suggest
you look at:
          Using NFS on the Domain Network (0104140A00).

As far as remote mounts from the dn10000 go, you really don't need
to run any demons.  We have run mounts in both directions between
a Sequent Symmetry and a dn10000 with no problems.

Andrew Wescott
University of Houston
Department of Chemical Engineering

tim@tim.UUCP (Tim Giebelhaus) (07/25/89)

In article <1709@cunixc.cc.columbia.edu> micky@cunixc.cc.columbia.edu (Micky Liu) writes:

>I am rather new to these Apollo's, but have been managing Sun's for quite
>some time now...  Is it possible to mount NFS disks onto the DN10000.  I
>have looked in the man pages and see that it is possible to remote mount
>the DN10000 disks, but I want to mount the disks from my Convex C210 onto
>my Apollo.
>
>After looking around I've found /etc/nfsd, but no corresponding /etc/biod.
>Is Apollo's offering of NFS only a one way deal?

NFS is a two way deal.  The NFS manual is the best NFS manual I have seen
yet.  I used the Apollo NFS manual to set up some Suns a while ago.
Please refer to you manual to see how to get it running.  If you do not
have the manuals, please ask you salesman where they are.  If the product
is not performing like the manual states it should, please take advantage
of your service contract and call for software help.

UUCP: uunet!hi-csc!apcimsp!tim
ARPA: tim@apollo.com
Contents of this message has nothing to do with work.