[net.news.group] Creation of net.forsale?

netnews@wnuxb.UUCP (Ron Heiby) (11/30/84)

My site just received the following message.  It creates the newsgroup
net.forsale.  I thought that there had been quite a bit of discussion
on this point before the decision to go na.forsale.  The author of
the new control message appears confused to me.  It looks to me as though
a rmgroup should be issued on net.forsale and an alias installed at
those sites at 2.10.2.   Ron Heiby.   ihnp4!wnuxb!netnews
-------

-------
--
Ronald W. Heiby
AT&T Something (used to be Comp Sys Div, but don't ask me now.), Inc.

chuqui@nsc.UUCP (Cheshire Chuqui) (12/03/84)

In article <327@wnuxb.UUCP> netnews@wnuxb.UUCP (Ron Heiby) writes:
>My site just received the following message.  It creates the newsgroup
>net.forsale.

This was created incorrectly. Spaf, who coordinates the newsgroup list, has
sent out a rmgroup after it (which I'm sure won't get nearly as far as the
new group), and I'll be sending another out shortly. All sites should
remove net.forsale (and PLEASE, don't re-create it).

chuq
--
From the center of a Plaid pentagram:		Chuq Von Rospach
{cbosgd,decwrl,fortune,hplabs,ihnp4,seismo}!nsc!chuqui  nsc!chuqui@decwrl.ARPA

  ~But you know, monsieur, that as long as she wears the claw of the dragon
  upon her breast you can do nothing-- her soul belongs to me!~