[comp.sys.apollo] problem with DN3000

hans@euteal (Hans Fleurkens) (09/13/89)

i've encountered the following problem:
i'm unable to type a caret in the input pad of an Apollo DM window.
Shutting my machine doesn't seem to solve this problem.
Most of time i'm using the Apollo X Server (R2) and gnuemacs, which
could be a source of this problem.
Does anyone know an answer to this problem?

thanks,

Hans Fleurkens
Eindhoven University of Technology
Department of Electrical Engineering

Email: hans@es.ele.tue.nl

rchrd@well.UUCP (Richard Friedman) (09/14/89)

In article <HANS.89Sep12195730@euteal> hans@euteal (Hans Fleurkens) writes:

>i've encountered the following problem:
>i'm unable to type a caret in the input pad of an Apollo DM window.

Sometimes characters drop off the keyboard.  Try shaking or banging
the keyboard.  I regularly have problems with the letter r.
Shaking the keyboard in the air a few times tends to fix it.
That is, assuming it isnt a software problem thats gobbling up carets.

--
 /s/ rchrd <=> Richard Friedman <=>  rchrd@well
 rchrd@well.sf.ca.us | {apple,pacbell,hplabs,ucbvax}!well!rchrd