[comp.sys.apollo] ios_$f1

derstad@CIM-VAX.HONEYWELL.COM ("DAVE ERSTAD") (09/15/89)

Which of the standard Apollo type managers supports records of type
ios_$f1? (fixed length w/no count field).  I tried  rec and hdru,
but they apparently don't (or maybe I'm doing something else wrong).

I ideally need an answer for both 9.7 and 10.1, but will settle for
the latter.

BTW, where is info of this sort documented?  I looked everywhere
I could think of with no success.

Dave Erstad
DERSTAD@cim-vax.honeywell.com
Principal Design Automation Engineer
Honeywell SSEC

mishkin@apollo.HP.COM (Nathaniel Mishkin) (09/15/89)

In article <8909142117.AA23543@umix.cc.umich.edu> derstad@CIM-VAX.HONEYWELL.COM ("DAVE ERSTAD") writes:
>Which of the standard Apollo type managers supports records of type
>ios_$f1? (fixed length w/no count field).  I tried  rec and hdru,
>but they apparently don't (or maybe I'm doing something else wrong).

I'm afraid F1-style records are an abstraction still in search of an implementation.
None of the standard Apollo-supplied file types support F1 records.

--
                    -- Nat Mishkin
                       Apollo Computer Inc., Chelmsford, MA