[comp.sys.apollo] SR10.1 vt100 problem

rgs@cipher.UUCP (Bob Schultz) (09/21/89)

Has anyone out there had any success running the vt100 emulator on
a 10.1 node (DN3000) that has only the BSD environment installed?

We repeatedly get "Cannot create vt100 window" when first trying to
execute vt100, however vtserver does get started and continues to run.

Once vtserver is running, further attempts to run vt100 just hang.

We have not experienced the problem on our other 10.1 nodes (DN3010,
DN4000) BUT they have all three environments installed.

Is this a known problem or have we overlooked something?

Bob Schultz - ncr-sd!cipher!rgs           voice (619) 693-7054

oj@apollo.HP.COM (Ellis Oliver Jones) (09/22/89)

In article <254@cipher.UUCP> rgs@cipher.UUCP (Bob Schultz) writes:

>We repeatedly get "Cannot create vt100 window" when first trying to
>execute vt100, however vtserver does get started and continues to run.

This problem is known (to me, anyhow).  I'm not sure how
widespread it is.   Your best bet for a fix is to execute
the following commands to see what versions of code you're running.

/usr/apollo/bin/ts /lib/gprlib /lib/streams /lib/clib /sys/vtserver
/usr/apollo/bin/ts /usr/X11/bin/Xapollo /sys/dm/dm

Please call your customer service person with the results of these
commands, and they should be able to help...

/Ollie Jones (speaking for myself, not for HP Apollo Systems Division)