[comp.sys.apollo] sendmail at apollo

oj@apollo.HP.COM (Ellis Oliver Jones) (10/21/89)

In article <4653bf071.0017b5e@caen.engin.umich.edu> markg@CAEN.ENGIN.UMICH.EDU (Mark Giuffrida) writes:

>Since the vendor, Apollo,
>doesn't use sendmail internally, they are not likely to even see the problem.

We're changing (albeit slowly).  I've personally been using sendmail
on my node for about a year--and it works.  I couldn't do my job without
reliable email.  The present policy is to encourage internal users to use
sendmail-based stuff, but not to cut off the other mail system.
Furthermore, our relationship with the rest of HP is making it
harder for us to get away with ignoring U***X mail.

The good news is that our internal system administration department started
actually *supporting* sendmail a few months back...Hooray!

So, we're being dragged, kicking and screaming, from the Dark Ages into the
early 1980's.  :-)  I think you'll be happy with some of the stuff we're
working on now.

/oj (speaking for myself, not necessarily for HP's Apollo Systems Division)