[comp.sys.apollo] font size in knowledge broaker

reb@quintro.uucp (Roger E. Benz) (10/20/89)

We are currently looking at a beta version of knowledge broader and
our first reaction is "The font size is too small".  Does anyone know
how to change the font to a larger font?

I would also like to change the font size used by dialogue.

FLAME ON
A general comment I have about the font sizes used by Apollo is, "You
guys must have great vision!"  The default fonts used are much too
small and fine.  They are too hard to read and cause a lot more eye
strain than necessary.
FLAME OFF

For our monochrome stations we use the f7x13.b as our normal font.
The size is ok and the bold gives a brighter font (which is needed to
overcome the low intenesty screen and normal office light).  For our
color stations we use the default.

Could someone please comment on why Apollo uses such a small font.

--
Roger E. Benz		   Phone = (217) 223-3211
Quintron Corporation	   Quincy, Il

betsyp@apollo.HP.COM (Betsy Perry) (10/25/89)

In article <1989Oct19.184231.22051@quintro.uucp> reb@quintro.UUCP (Roger E. Benz) writes:
>We are currently looking at a beta version of knowledge broader and
>our first reaction is "The font size is too small".  Does anyone know
>how to change the font to a larger font?

[comments about other font problems deleted]

>FLAME ON
>A general comment I have about the font sizes used by Apollo is, "You
>guys must have great vision!"  The default fonts used are much too
>small and fine.  They are too hard to read and cause a lot more eye
>strain than necessary.
>FLAME OFF
>
>Could someone please comment on why Apollo uses such a small font.
>
>--
>Roger E. Benz		   Phone = (217) 223-3211
>Quintron Corporation	   Quincy, Il
>UUCP: tiamat!quintro!reb@uunet or quintro!reb@lll-winken

You cannot change the fonts used by Knowledge Broker.  Knowledge Broker
does not format pages whenever they are requested; instead, it displays
pre-formatted page images, taken directly from the original book.
Consequently, issues like font size and page layout are determined
before a document is entered into Knowledge Broker.  We are working on
improving the readability of our documentation, both on paper and in
Knowledge Broker.

Betsy Perry
Apollo Technical Publications

Betsy Perry                          betsyp@apollo.com
Apollo Division, Hewlett-Packard, Inc.
(her opinion doesn't matter, matter, matter, matter...)