[comp.sys.apollo] bug reporting

krowitz%richter@UMIX.CC.UMICH.EDU (David Krowitz) (12/19/89)

If anyone has the current address for sending bug
reports via email, please post it to this list.

Thanks,
Dave

awhitton@bcara2.bnr.ca (Alan Whitton @ BNR) (12/19/89)

In article <8912182024.AA04130@richter.mit.edu>, krowitz%richter@UMIX.CC.UMICH.EDU (David Krowitz) writes:
> If anyone has the current address for sending bug
> reports via email, please post it to this list.
>
> Thanks,
> Dave

The process for submitting BUGS to Apollo (if you do not feel
like phoning their 1-800 number, or don't feel like shelling
out big bucks to get access to this (only my opinion) ;-) ) is
to submit an APR (Apollo Product Request) via

	/usr/apollo/bin/mkapr

Read the manual page on this, but this will in turn send mail
to the following address:

	apr_cs_admin@apollo.hp.com

BUT PLEASE DO NOT JUST SEND MAIL THERE. I believe there is a
clerk that reads this, but this is for APR SUBMISSIONS ONLY.

Luckily in the APR format you can gripe to your hearts content.

Be Seeing You,
Alan

"These is my thoughts ONLY"          Alan Whitton
awhitton@bnr.ca  OR                  Bell Northern Research
awhitton%bnr.ca@cunyvm.cuny.edu      "I am not a number, I am a Free Man!"

aaron@apollo.HP.COM (Aaron Sawyer) (12/21/89)

In <8912182024.AA04130@richter.mit.edu>,
krowitz%richter@UMIX.CC.UMICH.EDU (David Krowitz) asks:
>If anyone has the current address for sending bug
>reports via email, please post it to this list.
From the mkapr *on-line* man page (sr10.2) --
  Encoded product reports may be sent to Apollo Customer Services via the
  UUCP network.  The network address is:
            apollo!apr_cs_admin
  Recommended paths to Apollo are via mit-eddie or decvax.  Some other
  sites that are short hops from Apollo are uunet, kddlab and unido.  These
  paths may change with time; check with your site administrator.  If your
  site knows about one of the following Hewlett Packard sites, E-mail
  delivery to Apollo is rapid and reliable.
            hplabs   Palo Alto, CA
            hp-sdd   San Diego, CA
            hp-pcd   Corvallis, OR
            hpbbn    Boeblingen, West Germany
            hplb     Bristol, UK
            hpycla   Tokyo, Japan
  Apollo is registered with the (ARPA) Internet.  If your site has access,
  our Internet address is:
            apr_cs_admin@apollo.hp.com
  Customer Services will acknowledge all product reports received.  Do not
  assume your product report has been received until you receive a reply.
  Security-conscious sites should not send confidential material.
  Voluminous submissions should be sent via magnetic media.
-----
Aaron Sawyer                     Disclaimer:  'My ~/.signature, my opinions'
Internet: aaron@apollo.hp.com    UUCP: ...{decvax,mit-eddie}!apollo!aaron
Aaron Sawyer                     Disclaimer:  'My ~/.signature, my opinions'
Internet: aaron@apollo.hp.com    UUCP: ...{decvax,mit-eddie}!apollo!aaron
QQQQ (Quoted Quotable Quotidian Quotation):  "Yeah?  Well, 4Q2!"
Copyright 1989 by Aaron Sawyer. All rights reserved. Free redistribution allowed.