[comp.sys.apollo] Query - Does anyone have g++ working well on an Apollo SR10 system?

weiner@novavax.UUCP (Bob Weiner) (12/31/89)

If the answer is no, will SR10.2 help the situation at all?  G++ is
needed because of the extensive class libraries that it provides over
the standard AT&T C++ distribution including the one on Apollos.

Thanks for any help.
--
Bob Weiner, Motorola, Inc.,   USENET:  ...!gatech!uflorida!novavax!weiner
(407) 364-2087

rfg@ics.uci.edu (Ron Guilmette) (01/01/90)

In article <1707@novavax.UUCP> weiner@novavax.UUCP (Bob Weiner) writes:
>If the answer is no, will SR10.2 help the situation at all?  G++ is
>needed because of the extensive class libraries that it provides over
>the standard AT&T C++ distribution including the one on Apollos.

You don't necessarily need g++ to use libg++.  I believe that libg++
has been (or will shortly be) Cfront-ized.  That is, version 1.36.2
should (I believe) be compilable with Cfront.  (Doug Lea, please
correct me if I'm wrong about this).

// rfg

dclemans@mentor.com (Dave Clemans @ APD x1292) (01/04/90)

From article <1707@novavax.UUCP>, by weiner@novavax.UUCP (Bob Weiner):
> If the answer is no, will SR10.2 help the situation at all?  G++ is
> needed because of the extensive class libraries that it provides over
> the standard AT&T C++ distribution including the one on Apollos.
>
> Thanks for any help.
> --
> Bob Weiner, Motorola, Inc.,   USENET:  ...!gatech!uflorida!novavax!weiner
> (407) 364-2087

I have a version 1.34 of g++ running; I have not had the time to look at
later versions.  This is the compiler only; the build procedures for
libg++ 1.34 would have needed a large amount of work, and I've never
had the chance.

Dave Clemans
Mentor Graphics