[comp.sys.apollo] Help!!

hevesh_c@apollo.HP.COM (Cathy Hevesh) (01/06/90)

>... We do a lot of plotting with 2D GMR. We have
>a short program which re-opn
>re-opens an existing GMR metafile and then uses GM_$PRINT_FILE to make an
>OUT1 format file which we can then translate into HPGL for our plotter.
>The problem is that as of SR10.2, this stopped working for most (but not
>all) metafiles.

 -- David Krowitz

I have been unable to duplicate this problem with my own metafiles
at sr10.2.  This problem is probably not as blatant as you might have
thought.

While I'm at it, I thought I should comment on the following:

>Article 4011 of 4013, Fri 08:32.
>Subject: Re: Help!!!
>From: SRFERGU@ERENJ.BITNET (Scott Ferguson @ The Internet)

>At the ADUS Conference in San Francisco two years back, I asked some of the
>Apollo graphics group why the OUT1 format was having problems even at 9.5,
>and they said they were no longer supporting that format, and that was that.
>They offered no explanation, just that they didn't seem to care. I was pretty
>miffed, seeing as I had an Imagen driver using them, and it was doomed to
>the junk pile. Then, I noticed that the format continued to exist, but I
>think they just haven't bothered to remove the code. Maybe now they've done it.

>Scott

I don't know who gave you this information but we have NOT obsoleted the
OUT1 format in 2dgmr. Version 2.2 which is the latest release of the
product fully supports this option.

Any problems encountered with using this software should be reported via
the APR procedure (Apollo Problem Report). Information for duplicating the
problem should be included in the report. Dave, I suggest that you log your
problem in an APR so that we have something more concrete to work with.

Thanks,
Cathy Hevesh, R&D