[comp.sys.apollo] HP/Apollo announcement

brian@padouk.ima.isc.com (Brian R. Holt) (02/03/90)

Actually, a survey was taken two years ago, to see whether the readers
of comp.sys.apollo wanted to see product announcements, and the response
was overwhelmingly positive. Someone at Apollo posted the announcements
regularly for about a year. They left the company around the time of the HP
acquisition, and nobody ever picked it up. It is not an abuse of Usenet
if the readers want it! See Sun-spots (aka comp.sys.sun) for example.

		=brian

brian@ima.isc.com
US 617-661-7474 x206
near the last bend in the Charles River

lori@hacgate.scg.hac.com (Lori Barfield + 7/9) (02/07/90)

In article <15841@haddock.ima.isc.com> brian@ima.isc.com writes:
>[...]                        Someone at Apollo posted the announcements
>regularly for about a year. [...]  It is not an abuse of Usenet
>if the readers want it! [...]

Change my vote to YES then.  Who at HP/Apollo is willing to pick up the ball?

...lori

reb@quintro.uucp (Roger E. Benz) (02/09/90)

In article <7202@hacgate.scg.hac.com> lori@hacgate.hac.com writes:
>In article <15841@haddock.ima.isc.com> brian@ima.isc.com writes:
>>[...]                        Someone at Apollo posted the announcements
>>regularly for about a year. [...]  It is not an abuse of Usenet
>>if the readers want it! [...]
>
>Change my vote to YES then.  Who at HP/Apollo is willing to pick up the ball?
>

>...lori

I also vote yes.

--
Roger E. Benz              Glenayre/Quintron
Phone = (217) 223-3211     One Quintron Way