[comp.sys.apollo] New DSEE versions

reb@quintro.uucp (Roger E. Benz) (02/20/90)

I have the following questions about DSEE.  Could someone answer
them?  We are currently using DSEE version 3.3.2 on SR10.1 and SR10.2.

	1. Is 3.3.2 the latest version?
	2. When is the next release planned?
	3. What features are planned for the next release?
	4. What are the long term plans for DSEE?
	5. Will DSEE ever support X11?

A couple of suggestions that I have are:
	1. When building it would be nice if the status
	   information could be reduced from several lines
	   to a singel line (ie. similar to what make shows).
	   This would make it easier to look for errors.
	2. At the end of a build it would be nice if DSEE would list
	   the elements that failed to build.
	3. I would like to be able to select the editor that
	   DSEE uses for displaying files and getting input (setting
	   threads, overriding builds with -qa, etc).  Currently, you
	   onle get the DM editor or a realing dumb input mode.  I
	   perfer VI.  This is even more importand when using DSEE
	   from an ASCII terminal.

1 and 2 can be build options while 3 could be setup information.

Any information would be helpful.

--
Roger E. Benz              Glenayre/Quintron
Phone = (217) 223-3211     One Quintron Way

lubkin@apollo.HP.COM (David Lubkin) (02/24/90)

In article <1990Feb19.174256.15599@quintro.uucp> reb@quintro.UUCP (Roger E. Benz) writes:
>I have the following questions about DSEE.  Could someone answer
>them?  We are currently using DSEE version 3.3.2 on SR10.1 and SR10.2.
>
>	1. Is 3.3.2 the latest version?

We have just released patches for SR9.7 (3.2.2.2), SR10 68K (3.3.2.2), and
SR10 PRISM (3.3.2.2.p).

>	2. When is the next release planned?
>	3. What features are planned for the next release?
>	4. What are the long term plans for DSEE?

Expect an announcement and release some time this year.  Sorry I can't go into
details.

>	5. Will DSEE ever support X11?

Yes.

>A couple of suggestions that I have are:

Thank you for your suggestions.  We will consider adopting them in a future
release of DSEE.  In the future, please use the APR system for submitting
enhancement requests.

Roger's mail is a good excuse to remind people that there is a mailing list
for DSEE users:  INFO-DSEE.  Submissions to info-dsee@apollo.com ;

-- David Lubkin
   DSEE Project, Apollo Systems Division, Hewlett-Packard
   lubkin@apollo.com