[comp.sys.apollo] /vmunix & /dev/kmem information

robi@attila.esa.oz (RoBeRt KaRp) (03/21/90)

There are several programs around which monitor things
like system performance. These programs inevitably
look for information in /vmunix and /dev/kmem which
as we know is non existant on an Apollo. However
the information could be found by using apollo
routines.

Has anyone written a set of Apollo functions which
simulate accesses to things like /vmunix & /dev/kmem ?

If you have, how do you feel about sharing this around ?

	- Robi

--
INTERNET: robi@attila.esa.oz.au    ACSnet: robi@attila.esa.oz
Fax     : (+61) (2) 953 9531             Robert Karp///

rees@dabo.ifs.umich.edu (Jim Rees) (03/24/90)

In article <500@attila.esa.oz>, robi@attila.esa.oz (RoBeRt KaRp) writes:
> Has anyone written a set of Apollo functions which
> simulate accesses to things like /vmunix & /dev/kmem ?

Whenever I need /vmunix or /dev/kmem, I just ftp them over from a Sun.