[comp.sys.apollo] Bnews and rn on an Apollo.

kcantrel@digi.UUCP (Keith Cantrell) (03/28/90)

In article <9003270049.AA26263@vlsi-mentor.jpl.nasa.gov> root@VLSI-MENTOR.JPL.NASA.GOV (The vlsi-mentor Super User) writes:
>How do the RN users out there deal with the fact that their
>ORGANIZATION environment variable is set to "none"?

You have to make several modifications to 'rn' and bnews to make it work
correctly on an Apollo.  If you want I could post them.

The biggest problem you have to overcome is the file locking problem.  If you
are running in a multi-node network, you will run into this before long.

Keith Cantrell

Keith Cantrell                    Phones:  hm: 214-492-1088
Apollo Computer                            wk: 214-519-2399 @ DSC
A Subsidiary of Hewlett-Packard
USMAIL:                          EMAIL:
2100 Sonata Ln                   kcantrel@digi.lonestar.org
Carrollton TX 75007                           or
                                  ...!texbell!digi!kcantrel