[comp.sys.apollo] MOTIF vs. Open Dialogue - opinions requested

sl11@prism.gatech.EDU (LIEBESKIND,SUSAN H) (03/29/90)

I am interested in hearing from people who are using MOTIF
to develop Apollo applications, as well as from those folks
who are using Open Dialogue.  Any and all opinions are
greatly appreciated.  I'm particularly looking for information
like how fast or slow said applications are, how robust the
UI package seems to be, how pleased you are or aren't with
the packages, etc.  In other words, the usual subjective
opinions!  We are in the process of evaluating these
two products, but for various internal reasons, we haven't
yet gotten in our MOTIF order, or the newest version of
Open Dialogue, and hearing from people would give me some
idea of what I can expect.

Email is best, and I will post a summary of the responses
I get if there is sufficient interest.

Thanks very much.

Susan Liebeskind

--
LIEBESKIND,SUSAN H
uucp:	  ...!{decvax,hplabs,ncar,purdue,rutgers}!gatech!prism!sl11

oj@apollo.HP.COM (Ellis Oliver Jones) (03/29/90)

In article <7518@hydra.gatech.EDU> sl11@prism.gatech.EDU (LIEBESKIND,SUSAN H) writes:
>I am interested in hearing from people who are using MOTIF
>to develop Apollo applications, as well as from those folks
>who are using Open Dialogue.  Any and all opinions are
>greatly appreciated.  I'm particularly looking for information
>like how fast or slow said applications are, how robust the
>UI package seems to be, how pleased you are or aren't with
>the packages, etc.  In other words, the usual subjective
>opinions!

Here in the development group for Open Dialogue and Motif, we're
also interested in this feedback.

Also, if you happen to be an Open Dialogue user, and you happen
to have noticed a defect in the product, and you're thinking
about filing an APR on it when you get around to it, please
get around to it soon.  We're in a stage of development right
now in which bug reports are especially useful.

Thanks.
/Ollie Jones (speaking for myself, not necessarily for HP Apollo)