[comp.sys.apollo] X11R4 libs,clients running with Xapollo

apollo@ecf.utoronto.ca (Vince Pugliese) (04/11/90)

well we finally obtained a copy R4. what

we were hoping to do was to build the R4 lib's

and clients but retain the R3-based Xapollo

server that Apollo ships. this is so we can still run

the DM in parallel with X (sort of R3 1/2, i guess).

has anyone done this???

if so, are there any problems with doing things this way?

or, is everything okey-dokey?

please e-mail or post as you see fit. if there

is enough interest i will summarize and repost.

thanks in advance.

apollo@ecf.utoronto.ca

.vp

oj@apollo.HP.COM (Ellis Oliver Jones) (04/11/90)

In article <1990Apr11.120831.21121@ecf.utoronto.ca> apollo@ecf.utoronto.ca (Vince Pugliese) writes:
>What
>we were hoping to do was to build the R4 lib's
>and clients but retain the R3-based Xapollo
>server that Apollo ships.

We've done quite a bit of this around here, Vince.
It works fine, as long as the R4 client code you use
doesn't depend on R4-only features, such as the
Shape extension.

/oj