[comp.sys.apollo] cbreak in a pad

rds@bksmel.oz.au (Robert D Small) (05/03/90)

In article <1990May2.034823.883@metro.ucc.su.OZ.AU>, jimr@maths.su.oz.au (Jim Richardson) writes:
> In article <838@nikhefh.nikhef.nl>, e07@nikhefh.nikhef.nl (Eric Wassenaar)
> writes:
>
> >(the timestamps are a few hours newer than the ones Jim Rees
> >recently reported).
>
> (Perhaps this is caused by different timezone settings.)

Sigh!!

Yes, ts reports LOCAL TIME, not UCT. So, dear reader, it is up to you to figure
out if Chelmsford is/is not on Daylight time and if you are/are not on daylight
time, and the check if your answer equals Chelmsford's.

The unintended consequence of ts's action is that the install scripts for
patches don't always work, as they get the wrong timestamp.

About three years ago (when I was an Apollo techo) I raised an request that ts
patches don't always work, as they get the wrong timestamp.

Good to see nothing has changed!

rds@bksmel.oz.au (Robert D Small) (05/03/90)

 In article <1990May2.034823.883@metro.ucc.su.OZ.AU>, jimr@maths.su.oz.au (Jim Richardson) writes:
 > In article <838@nikhefh.nikhef.nl>, e07@nikhefh.nikhef.nl (Eric Wassenaar)
 > writes:
 >
 > >(the timestamps are a few hours newer than the ones Jim Rees
 > >recently reported).
 >
 > (Perhaps this is caused by different timezone settings.)

 Sigh!!

 Yes, ts reports LOCAL TIME, not UCT. So, dear reader, it is up to you to figure
 out if Chelmsford is/is not on Daylight time and if you are/are not on daylight
 time, and the check if your answer equals Chelmsford's.

 The unintended consequence of ts's action is that the install scripts for
 patches don't always work, as they get the wrong timestamp.

 About three years ago (when I was an Apollo techo) I raised an request that ts
report timestamps in UCT to avoid this problem.

               ---- sorry about that

 Good to see nothing has changed!