[comp.sys.apollo] X11 Widget Toolkits

In article <9005181307.AA04082@umix.cc.umich.edu> SRFERGU@ERENJ.BITNET (Scott Ferguson) writes:

>On the Apollo sr10.2 X11 system (which I haven't really used yet), they
>mention in the manuals that they support the HP Widget set. My other
>system (an Ardent) supports the Project Athena Widget set.
Those are two completely different widget sets, you could use the
Athena or HP one on either (although you'd have to port the HP ones
to the Ardent) but don't.

>Also, is Motif just a window manager, or is it also a toolkit?
Window Manager, Toolkit, L&F specification, etc..  Get it from
Apollo, or license the source from OSF.

(And where's Apollo marketing, that you haven't heard any of this
before?)

| Alphalpha Software, Inc. | Voice/Fax: 617/646-7703 |   Home: 617/641-3805   |
| 148 Scituate St.         | Smart fax, dial number. |                        |
| Arlington, MA 02174      | Dumb fax, dial number,  |   BBS:  617/641-3722   |
| nazgul@alphalpha.com     | wait for ring, press 3. |   300/1200/2400 baud   |