[comp.sys.apollo] Wordprocessor wanted

danny@idacom.uucp (Danny Wilson) (05/29/90)

I am looking for a Cheap and Simple wordprocessor that fits the
following requirements:

	- Cheap
	- Can run from either ASCII Terminal (most important)
	  or workstation screen
	- Supports output of text with limited special effects:
	  bold, underline, tabs etc.  (i.e. no large fonts etc)
	- Menu-based User interface.

We currently use 'Lyrix' from Santa Cruz Operation and it fits
the bill as terms of functionality.  Does anyone know if this, or
similar, is available for Apollo?  (Any PD stuff available?)

--
Danny Wilson			danny@idacom.uucp
IDACOM Electronics		alberta!idacom!danny

reb@quintro.uucp (Roger E. Benz) (05/30/90)

In article <1990May28.203631.3544@idacom.uucp> danny@idacom.uucp (Danny Wilson) writes:

>I am looking for a Cheap and Simple wordprocessor that fits the
>following requirements:
>
>	- Cheap

We are using Uniplex as our wordprocessing/spreadsheet/database solution.
The base cost was $1,400 for an 8 user/node license.  You can add more
advanced products for and additionad $900.

>	- Can run from either ASCII Terminal (most important)
>	  or workstation screen
It supports both the display and ASCII terminals.  We currently have
tvi925 and vt100 terminal connected to our nodes.

>	- Supports output of text with limited special effects:
>	  bold, underline, tabs etc.  (i.e. no large fonts etc)
It is a full featured word porcessor that support bold, underline, etc
as well as different font sizes (if you have a supporting printer).

>	- Menu-based User interface.
Its menu driven and can be custimized to meet your own special requirements.

--
Roger E. Benz              Glenayre/Quintron
Phone = (217) 223-3211     One Quintron Way