[comp.sys.apollo] Patches for pty problem?

hanche@imf.unit.no (Harald Hanche-Olsen) (06/08/90)

Has anybody seen any patches out there for the pseudo tty problem yet?  If
yes, what patch tape should we ask for?

- Harald Hanche-Olsen <hanche@imf.unit.no>
  Division of Mathematical Sciences
  The Norwegian Institute of Technology
  N-7034 Trondheim, NORWAY

awhitton@bcara132.bnr.ca (Alan Whitton) (06/08/90)

In article <CMM.0.88.644776358.hanche@hufsa.imf.unit.no>,
hanche@imf.unit.no (Harald Hanche-Olsen) writes:
> Has anybody seen any patches out there for the pseudo tty problem yet?  If
> yes, what patch tape should we ask for?

As a matter of fact there is an entry for Pseudo TTYs but I am not sure
it is the problem you are talking about (the following is reproduced
without permission of Hewlett Packard or any of their subsidiaries):

     1.10  Patch m0139 /lib/streams

     Patch m0139 includes a new /lib/streams for nodes running the SR10.2
     version of Domain/OS. This patch is incompatible with all other
     releases. Patch m0139 obsoletes patch m0120 (9003) and includes the
     contents of that patch.

     Patch m0139 fixes the following problems:

        o The patch fixes most problems where the pty's were not usable by
          programs using vfork, including telnet, gnu emacs and possibly
          the vt100 emulator (APRs DDE40, DDFF8, DDEFE, DE0CF).

        o Machines under heavy loads would occasionally fail with the fol-
          lowing error message in the DM output pad (APR DD74E):

                  unable to obtain sfcb hash table mutex lock

     Install patch m0139 on nodes running the SR10.2 version of Domain/OS
     (use the bldt command to determine the revision of the operating sys-
     tem running on your workstation).

     Patch m0139 includes the following file:

       /lib/streams   1990/03/16 17:34:53 EDT (Fri)

Cheers,
Alan

BNR Ottawa                   Disclaimer: "This is only my opinion"
BITNET: awhitton@bnr.ca  OR  UUCP: ...uunet!bnrgate!forum!awhitton