[comp.sys.apollo] Displaying GPR images...

jonathan@jarthur.Claremont.EDU (Jonathan Ball) (07/04/90)

Pardon my ignorance, but I haven't been able to figure out how to display
GPR images on the Apollo screen.  We don't have X-windows available here,
which has obviated some of the potential methods.  We're running SR 10.1 on
3500 and 4500 machines (BSD UNIX).

Thanks a lot!

--
JB

jonathan@jarthur.claremont.edu

krowitz%richter@umix.cc.umich.edu (David Krowitz) (07/05/90)

I have a simple Pascal program that will display 1-8 bit images on
an 8-plane color system, and a somewhat more complicated program
will will do either 1-8, 24, or 32 plane images on an 8-plane
color system. If you want a copy let me know and I'll email it.

 -- David Krowitz

krowitz@richter.mit.edu   (18.83.0.109)
krowitz%richter.mit.edu@eddie.mit.edu
krowitz%richter.mit.edu@mitvma.bitnet
(in order of decreasing preference)

robinb@bhpmrl.oz.au (Robin Brown) (07/11/90)

jonathan@jarthur.Claremont.EDU (Jonathan Ball) writes:

>Pardon my ignorance, but I haven't been able to figure out how to display
>GPR images on the Apollo screen.  We don't have X-windows available here,
>which has obviated some of the potential methods.  We're running SR 10.1 on
>3500 and 4500 machines (BSD UNIX).

I've written a C program that works on an 8-plane node. E-mail me if you
would like the source

Robin
--
     /\/\       Robin Brown (Mr), Computer Scientist
    / / /\      Computing Services Group

szabo_p@maths.su.oz.au (Paul Szabo) (07/16/90)

In article <robinb.647658936@zaphod> robinb@bhpmrl.oz.au writes:
>> jonathan@jarthur.Claremont.EDU (Jonathan Ball) writes:
>> [...] how to display GPR images on the Apollo screen [...]
> I've written a C program that works on an 8-plane node. E-mail me if you
> would like the source

We got a program written in FORTRAN (only 225 lines) which works on B/W nodes.
It has not been tested in any other situation (color nodes or GPR files written
on color nodes), but may be a good starting point. Email me if you would like
the source.

Paul Szabo    szabo_p@maths.su.oz.au