[comp.sys.apollo] PostScript Color Printing

langenba@bnlls1.nsls.bnl.gov (Herb Langenbach) (08/06/90)

	We are interested in being able to do screen dumps
to a PostScript color printer from our DM3500's running
SR10.2. Does anyone have any experience doing this and if
so how is it accomplished. Is any third party software in-
volved?
	I'd appreciate any information, concerning this sub-
ject, that anyone has to offer.

Herb Langenbach
Brookhaven National Lab.
voice (516) 282-5330
langenba@bnl.gov
bnl::langenba

kent@HUMU.NOSC.MIL (Kent K. Kuriyama) (08/07/90)

I looked into dumping our screen to a postscript printer but
found that the color postscript equivalent of a screen is huge!
Each pixel requires a red/green/blue component and this
translates to 6 bytes per pixel.

We bought ourselves a Montage film recorder which accepts TARGA
formatted image files.  I have a program which can take snapshots
of the screen and generate these TARGA formatted files.  I can
send you this program if you like.

Kent Kuriyama                          Voice (808) 257-1618
Naval Ocean Systems Center             FAX   (808) 257-1685
Hawaii Laboratory                      Box 997, Code 531
kent@nosc.mil                          Kailua, HI   96734

--------