[comp.sys.apollo] bitmap to Postscript conversion program?

franz@asuvax.asu.edu (Chris Franz) (08/08/90)

I am looking for a utility to convert an Apollo bitmap
image into Postscript.  Does anybody know if such a
utility exists?

Chris
franz@enuxha.eas.asu.edu

Arizona State University
Engineering Computer Services

jm67@prism.gatech.EDU (MURRAY,JEFFREY P) (08/08/90)

   With respect to Apollo bitmap-to-postscript conversion, the
only thing I've seen is the postscript printer server from
Mentor graphics. I haven't seen anything that is public-domain...
Has anyone else heard otherwise?

--
MURRAY,JEFFREY P
uucp:	  ...!{decvax,hplabs,ncar,purdue,rutgers}!gatech!prism!jm67

lambert@spectrum.cs.unsw.oz.au (Tim Lambert) (08/08/90)

> 	We are interested in being able to do screen dumps
> to a PostScript color printer from our DM3500's running
> SR10.2. Does anyone have any experience doing this and if
> so how is it accomplished.

> I am looking for a utility to convert an Apollo bitmap
> image into Postscript.  Does anybody know if such a
> utility exists?

I use PBMPLUS to make the postscript:

    PBMPLUS, by Jef Poskanzer.  Comprehensive format conversion and image
    manipulation package.  The latest version is always available via
    anonymous FTP as expo.lcs.mit.edu:contrib/pbmplus.tar.Z and
    ftp.ee.lbl.gov:pbmplus.tar.Z.  The version of 22nov89 (which currently
    is still the latest version, except for the one official patch so far)
    was posted to comp.sources.misc, and is therefore accessible via mail
    to one of the archive servers.  This version is also available in the
    X.V11R4 release tape.  A mailing list is available for users and
    developers - write to pbm-request@helios.ee.lbl.gov.

I wrote some programs to convert between Apollo bitmaps and PBMPLUS.
Send me mail if you want them.

Tim