[comp.sys.apollo] M68000 Assemblers

martin@sparcst1.essex.ac.uk (Colley M) (08/10/90)

Hi There

Can anyone point me in the direction of a good M68000 assembler for the
apollos.  Ideally it should understand Motorola mnemonics.  We would expect
to use it under SR10.2 and above.

Thanks in advance

Martin Colley

wjw@eba.eb.ele.tue.nl (Willem Jan Withagen) (08/13/90)

In article <3971@servax0.essex.ac.uk> martin@sparcst1.essex.ac.uk (Colley M) writes:

>Can anyone point me in the direction of a good M68000 assembler for the
>apollos.  Ideally it should understand Motorola mnemonics.  We would expect
>to use it under SR10.2 and above.

I've been receiving assemblers from Apollo for the 680x0 series for
a year now. And the nice thing about them is that it's free!
They are sort of developing it into a supported product. So I got a sheet
to sign, saying that I would not abuse, etc, bla, bla.
But then I got several versions, running 9.7 and OS10. The last one I
received was 9.1 and it generated COFF files.

The assembler understands Motorola mnemonics, but it's nowhere near compatible
with the SUN assemblers. Furthermore are the used conventions a little bizar.
Things like in-line coding of data, a true read-only code space (also during

So I suggest to contact your salesrep, and ask

(for martin only: You're mail bounced with unknown host )

Ciao,

	Willem Jan Withagen

Eindhoven University of Technology   DomainName:  wjw@eb.ele.tue.nl
Digital Systems Group, Room EH 10.10 BITNET: ELEBWJ@HEITUE5.BITNET
P.O. 513                             Tel: +31-40-473401
5600 MB Eindhoven                    The Netherlands