[comp.sys.apollo] 9000 series 400 features standard SIMMs ?

jos@ele.tue.nl (Jos van Eijndhoven) (09/05/90)

Can anybody tell whether the new 9000 series 400 machines
have the standard SIMM memory modules ?

This would allow to buy extra memory a LOT cheaper than the HP/Apollo prices,
and worked out fine on for instance our Apollo DN2500 machines.

Jos van Eijndhoven
Eindhoven University of Technology, The Netherlands
jos@es.ele.tue.nl

john@quonset.cfht.hawaii.edu (John Kerr) (09/07/90)

In article <550@al.ele.tue.nl>, jos@ele.tue.nl (Jos van Eijndhoven) writes:
> Can anybody tell whether the new 9000 series 400 machines
> have the standard SIMM memory modules ?
>
> This would allow to buy extra memory a LOT cheaper than the HP/Apollo prices,
> and worked out fine on for instance our Apollo DN2500 machines.
>
> Jos van Eijndhoven
> Eindhoven University of Technology, The Netherlands
> jos@es.ele.tue.nl

Are you listening HP/Apollo?  Sun machines, unfortunately, do and hence
make it that much harder to continue to justify HP computer purchases.

jk

 John Kerr                      Canada-France-Hawaii Telescope Corp.
                                INTERNET: john@cfht.hawaii.edu
                                BITNET:   john@uhcfht