[comp.sys.apollo] SR10.2 and Mentor

root@VLSI-MENTOR.JPL.NASA.GOV (The vlsi-mentor Super User) (08/11/90)

From apollo-request@umix.cc.umich.edu Fri Aug 10 09:04:37 1990
Date: 10 Aug 90 11:49:13 GMT
From: kerr%tron.uucp@uunet.uu.net  (Dave Kerr)
Subject: Re: create remote process
Sender: apollo-request@umix.cc.umich.edu
To: apollo@umix.cc.umich.edu

>Msg> In article <1174@fang.dsto.oz> agq@dstos3.dsto.oz (Ashleigh Quick) writes:
> Dave Kerr writes:

>Msg> Maybe it gets cured in later releases? (I wait for the day we go up to
>Msg> SR10.2 - only our Mentor stuff is holding us back).

>You might be interested in something that appeared in a
>Mentor newsletter I recently received.
>" In September, in response to strong customer demand,
>Mentor Graphics will ship a software update to our 7.0
>release. The key benefit of this release is that it will be
>running on Apollo's 10.3 Operating System."

Interesting. You all should know that we have had people running MENTOR
software in a mixed 10.1/10.2 environment for a month now with no
problems. But I do look forward to being able to keep up with APOLLO's
releases in a timely fashion.
----
Dave Hayes  dave@vlsi-mentor.jpl.nasa.gov
			dave%vlsi-mentor@jpl-mil.jpl.nasa.gov
"The word 'choice' is a fraud when one is taught what to choose."

mitchell@mozart.amd.com (Tom Mitchell) (09/28/90)

What are general user impressions of 10.3?  Is anybody using it?
Most references I see in this newsgroup are to 10.2 something.
We are going to receive some Hp 400t's shortly and would like
to upgrade large numbers of nodes to 10.3.  Should I be worried?