[comp.sys.apollo] Problems after SR10.2 installtion on an DN4000

bala@pebbles.Synopsys.COM (Bala Vasireddi) (10/02/90)

I just upgraded a DN4000 which was running SR10.1 to SR10.2. The Authorized
area is located on an DN4500 running SR10.2. To be precise I created a
configuration file (of the 10.2 os from the AA) using the "config" utility and
then installed it using the "install" utility onto the DN4000 which has a local
380MB disk.

Everything went fine with installation. But when I am booting the DN4000 under
SR10.2, the following message is printed after the "loading init" message.

  undefined global "ldexp" in /lib/libc
  undefined global "ldexp" in /lib/libc
  undefined global "matherr" in /lib/libc

And now, on of our users is trying to compile a C program and it is not working.
Can somebody tell me how I can fix this?

Please send me mail directly and I'll summarize.

Thanks in advance.

--
Bala Vasireddi,            Phone: (415)962-5036
Synopsys, Inc.             FAX:   (415)965-8637

bala@pebbles.Synopsys.COM (Bala Vasireddi) (10/02/90)

On Oct 1,  2:30pm, Bala Vasireddi wrote:
} Subject: Problems after SR10.2 installtion on an DN4000
} To: apollo@umix.cc.umich.edu
}
[...]
}-- End of excerpt from Bala Vasireddi

I figured out the answer myself. By using the "sum" command I compared the
checksum of the libraries on the DN4500 (working) with the DN4000 (not working).
This pointed out that one of the libraries (specifically syslib.881) wasn't
right size. After copying the correct one, everything worked
fine. Sorry for wasting the bandwidth on the network.

--

root@VLSI-MENTOR.JPL.NASA.GOV (The vlsi-mentor SysAdmin) (10/02/90)

>Everything went fine with installation. But when I am booting the DN4000 under
>SR10.2, the following message is printed after the "loading init" message.
>
>  undefined global "ldexp" in /lib/libc
>  undefined global "ldexp" in /lib/libc
>  undefined global "matherr" in /lib/libc

You have a bad syslib in your /lib directory.

When you selected packages to install, if you read the docs closely you did
not need to select the "syslib" package.

Do a "cmt" on the /lib on the offending node and a /lib on a working node, and
you'll see what I mean. The fix is to copy the correct syslib.?* file into the
lib directory.
----
Dave Hayes  dave@vlsi-mentor.jpl.nasa.gov
			{ucbvax,ames}!elroy!vlsi-mentor!dave
"The word 'choice' is a fraud when one is taught what to choose."