[comp.sys.apollo] Wanted SR10.2 compatible HP7550 plot server

kwongj@caldwr.water.ca.gov (James Kwong) (10/10/90)

Hi:

This might have been ask before so please excuse the
bandwidth, but does anyone have a SR10.2 compatible
version of the HP7550 plot server program that they
can e-mail me. We have internet capabilities here so
I can ftp it over if need to.

Thanks in advance.

James Kwong
--
James Kwong  Calif. Dept. of Water Resources, Sacto, CA 95802
DOMAIN kwongj@water.ca.gov     UUCP ...!ucbvax!ucdavis!caldwr!kwongj

kwongj@caldwr.water.ca.gov (James Kwong) (10/13/90)

> Subject:Wanted SR10.2 compatible HP7550 plot server
>
> This might have been ask before so please excuse the
> bandwidth, but does anyone have a SR10.2 compatible
> version of the HP7550 plot server program that they
> can e-mail me. We have internet capabilities here so
> I can ftp it over if need to.

I like to thank Ashleigh Quick and Chytil Georg for their reply on
getting an HP7550 plotter working on a SR10.2 node.

By using the genicom driver that comes with the OS, our plotter
now works OK.

Basically have a print config like:
#
# who we are and what print manager we use
prmgr_site              my_prmgr
printer_name            hp7550
description             HP7550 Plotter
device_driver           genicom
model_number            HP7550

# what i/o connection we use
io_device_name          /dev/sio1

# header and footer strings that will be placed on each page if
#   user does not specify -headers off .
#head_string !/Page#/%

# misc control stuff
form_feeds              0
file_banners            off
logo                    none

and use the command prf with the -transparent option
like:

        prf -pr hp7550 hpfile -transparent

Many thanks.

James