[comp.sys.apollo] Sun Sparcstation 2 announcement

krowitz@RICHTER.MIT.EDU (David Krowitz) (11/07/90)

I've just seen the product announcement for the Sparcstation 2. It's a
40 Mhz update to the Sparcstation 1/1+ with improved floating point
and faster graphics, including a couple of 3D options. Their claiming
28 MIPS and more than 4 Mflops. The base system, with 19" mono screen,
16 MB RAM, and 200 MB disk, is $15K.

Has anyone received their 68040 based CPU's from HP yet?

 -- David Krowitz

krowitz@richter.mit.edu   (18.83.0.109)
krowitz%richter.mit.edu@eddie.mit.edu
krowitz%richter.mit.edu@mitvma.bitnet
(in order of decreasing preference)

ianh@bhpmrl.oz.au (Ian Hoyle) (11/08/90)

krowitz@RICHTER.MIT.EDU (David Krowitz) writes:

>I've just seen the product announcement for the Sparcstation 2. It's a
>40 Mhz update to the Sparcstation 1/1+ with improved floating point
>and faster graphics, including a couple of 3D options. Their claiming
>28 MIPS and more than 4 Mflops. The base system, with 19" mono screen,
>16 MB RAM, and 200 MB disk, is $15K.

Saw them yesterday - a *great* machine at that kind of price point.

>Has anyone received their 68040 based CPU's from HP yet?

Nope, although I would think we'd be *last* on HP's list way down here :-(

Is sr10.3 vapourware ??? Only joking, but we've heard zilch on when that will
_really_ ship here either.
--
                Ian Hoyle
     /\/\       Image Processing & Data Analysis Group